Lauren’s Outfit Details – High/low White Top: Bella Dahl | Paige Jeans: Nordstrom | Sandals: Steve Madden | Kate Spade Earrings: Nordstrom | Similar Light Blue Purse: Rebecca Minkoff
Colton’s Outfit Details – Pants: Bonobos | Henley: Hugo Boss | Shoes (bought in France): Similar | Watch: Daniel Wellington
Happy Valentine’s Everyone! I hope that today you are all celebrating the day of love in itself. Whether you’re showering your significant other with love, your sister, your best friend, your parents or yourself. Use today to show everyone in your life love, because we all need a little lovin. In honor of Valentine’s Day though, I thought it would be fun to share 4 things Colton and I love about each other. Last year, we did a Valetine’s Day Q&A and you guys loved it so I wanted to bring him back this year as well!
This year, we are taking Valentine’s Day very easy. We’re staying at home, cooking dinner together and probably sharing a bottle of wine. No TV, no phones and no computer. Just music and conversation 🙂
- The way he always tickles me. I’m obnoxiously ticklish and like, even the thought of someone tickling me makes me squirm. He thinks it’s absolutely hilarious-lol. Whether I am really upset or just playing around, it always puts me in the best mood.
- Colton is very smart & very athletic. Like I don’t know how to explain it, but he is definitely kind of nerdy, and at the same time just a natural athlete. I’ve never seen him be bad at something. He just picks up everything so easily. Growing up, I really had to try in school and I was the opposite of being athletic so this is something I have just always admired about him.
- His love for Bentley. I know that may sound weird, but you have to understand, Bentley is literally like our child. I got Bentley six months before Colton and I started dating, and I think apart of me was always worried that Colton wouldn’t love Bentley the way I do. Luckily, that’s not the case at all. When I say Colton loves Bentley, he LOVES Bentley. They have these cuddle sessions every morning, which actually kind of annoys me because I am not included, but nonetheless, it’s still really sweet to watch. He is constantly working with him on new tricks and the moment Bentley even the least bit looks sick, Colton has a heart attack. I think the reason I love this so much about him, is because it kind of gives me a glimpse of the kind of Dad he will be one day.
- His random acts of kindness. Colton is unexpectedly, very thoughtful. I mean, these are not overboard gestures, but he just does little things for others that I think we all sometimes forget to do. For example, he is really good about calling friends he hasn’t talked to in awhile. Just to catch up and see how they’re doing. He always opens the car door not only for myself, but all women. No matter what, every single night, he brings me water and puts it next to my bed side table and if he picks up the groceries and notices we don’t have flowers, he always picks some up because he know’s that’s what I would do. They’re just things he doesn’t have to do, but always does.
- Her Type A Personality. Whether it is being on time wherever we go, making the bed every morning, or looking her best, she keeps our lives in order. She makes me want to get out of bed in the morning and put my best foot forward. Her promptness and attention to detail is something I have always really loved about her because it is a trait I do not posses. Lets just say that if it wasn’t for Lauren, we would never make it to a flight 2 hours early.
- Lauren’s confidence in me. For some reason she has the most confidence in me. She is always pushing me and knows I can achieve more. She constantly wants the best for me and reassures me that I can achieve whatever I want in this life. She’s without a doubt, my number one fan.
- The way she ‘snorts’ when something is really really funny. When she thinks something is hysterical, she will work herself up into a laughing frenzy and forgets to breath a little bit. When she starts trying to breath, she kind of makes a snorting sound… then she gets even more embarrassed, still trying to breathe, and then lets out another. It turns into an endless cycle. It is one of the cutest things, and she can’t control it once they start.
- Lauren lives life to the fullest. She is always wanting to make a memory and she LIVES for experiences. She wants to see everything, do everything, and experience everything this world has to offer. I always know that the next great adventure is around the corner. She also makes me appreciate the little things. I love this most about her because she constantly reminds me to pick my head up and appreciate this great world God has given to us.
Lauren & Colton
Photography: Elizabeth Jones Photography
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13 // 14
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11
Hello, hello! Valentine’s Day is exactly one week away, and if you haven’t started thinking about what you would like to get your loved one, then today is the day! I have loved Valentines Day for as long as I can remember. Boyfriend or no boyfriend, I’ve always enjoyed the day. It’s probably because my birthday is three days after (lol) but none-the-less, growing up, my parents would always get me flowers on Valentine’s and it would make me feel super loved.
Lucky me, Colton loves celebrating Valentine’s Day too! As you guys read last year, when it comes to gifts, Colton and I usually exchange Valentine’s Baskets. It’s a super fun tradition we started our first year dating and have kept going. If baskets are not your thing though, no worries, I’ve got you covered!
– For Her –
These Kate Spade Knot Earrings are beautiful, this Rebecca Minkoff Heart Shaped Purse is absolutely adorable and this dainty heart ring would literally be the sweetest gift. If you’re in a long distance relationship, then this key chain will bring the lady in your life to tears and if you’re thinking about dropping the big bucks, then you can never go wrong with David Yurman! I also really love these pink sneakers!! They are definitely on my wish list!
– For Him –
If your guy needs a new briefcase, then this case would be perfect! I love how trendy it is. I think this mug is literally so hilarious (here is the dating version!) and will probably be getting it for Colton (ha!). Then you can never go wrong with nice cologne as a gift, Burberry is Colton’s absolute favorite! If you’re wanting to get sentimental, then this notebook is the way to go. Inside, on each different page, write all of the things you love about him and give it to him as a gift. I promise it will put a smile on his face! If he is in dire need of a new wallet, then this one is beautiful and priced well. Then last but not least, this henley will be his new favorite item in his closet. These Bonobo Henley’s are so soft and comfortable. I have bought them for both Colton and my Dad and they both love them!
What are some of you Valentine’s Day gift ideas?! I’d love to hear them!
Valentine’s Day Archives
–Valentine’s Day Baskets
–15 Simple & Sweet Valentine’s Day Ideas For Everyone
–Pretty In Pink Valentine’s Day Outfit
Outfit Details – Dress Romper: Free People | Red Purse: Rebecca Minkoff | Sandals: Steve Madden | Sunglasses: Ray Ban | Bright Pink Lipstick: YSL Shade 27 Fuchsia Innocent
Happy Wednesday Guys!!
We are half way through the week and it’s officially the first day of February! Which means, Valentine’s Day is literally right around the corner. But I’m not here to talk about Valentine’s Day today. Instead, I am here to talk about Galentine’s Day. Aka – the best day of the year! A full day to celebrate your best gals and in our case, with lots of wine.
Sonoma Wine Bar in the Heights hosted our Galentine’s Day this year and oh my gosh ya’ll, it was amazing. We were seated upstairs, on their outdoor patio and they went above and beyond with their wine and food selections. I had been to Sonoma recently, with one of my best friends, but I had no idea they had a rooftop patio! Like I said, it was a-maz-ing. For anyone who doesn’t know, I live for a rooftop patio, so I was definitely in my element. We had (lots) of wine, a charcuterie board, the most delicious mushroom pizza and sesame crusted ahi tuna, just to name a few!
The moment I knew we were doing a Galentine’s Day Dinner, I wanted my outfit to be pink and fun! When I found this dress // romper, I knew it would be perfect for the event. And yes you read that right, it’s both. It’s both a dress and a romper, which makes it THE PERFET outfit. The color is ideal for the spring, it has bell sleeves, it’s super light weight, and it has unnoticeable built in shorts. Win, win & win.
So if you are planning your own Galentine’s Day (which I highly recommend) here are a few Galentine’s Day ideas for you and your girls!
- Dress up and go to your nearest wine bar like we did!
- Host a Pot Luck Dinner.
- Have a slumber party! Complete with popcorn, Marykate & Ashley movies and all 🙂
- Put together a spa day. Whether you go to an actual spa or DIY a spa day at your house, take the time to pamper yourself and your girls.
- Head to the movies and see the biggest chic flick that’s out.
My tip is, just make sure there is lots of wine 😉
How do you guys like to celebrate Galentine’s Day??
SHOP THIS POST