Outfit Details: Dress: C/meo (similar $25) | Nude Pumps: Jimmy Choo (similar) | Purse: Rebecca Minkoff | Earrings: Similar |Sunglasses: Rayban | Lipstick: Dior
Happy Friday Loves and Hello from NYC!
Not only is today Friday, but it is also my 25th Birthday. And let me tell you, I have never had more mixed emotions about a birthday in my entire life. Maybe it’s the fact that 25 makes me a quarter of a century old and that I am no longer counted as being in my “early twenties”. Maybe it’s that I am getting kicked off my mothers insurance in less than a year or maybe it’s even the fact that I will be married in less than 8 months.
I remember talking to my friend Haley around this time last year, and we decided that 25 was going to be our year. That being 25 was going to be the best year yet. Since then, I have kept this mind set all year long, leading up to this birthday, literally until like two days ago. Out of no where, I got scared. I got scared because I realized that 25 is when things start to change.
Before I get into the rest of this (sorry if this is already turning into a long post!), let me explain something real fast. I’m a little bit dramatic in all situations. I wear my heart right on my sleeve and almost everything in life gives me major feels. So it’s no wonder, that I am making turning 25 into a way bigger deal than it really is.
As strange as I feel about this birthday, I can’t help but look back at my past birthdays and be proud of the person I have turned out to be today. That I have made it perfectly fine through all of my past mile stones, and that this one really will be one of the best yet. So in honor of all of that, I am going to share 10 things that give me comfort, about turning 25. I thought about doing 25 things, but that just seemed really long lol, so you’re welcome 🙂
- I am more sure of myself and who I am right now, than I ever have been in my life.
- I feel the most grounded in my relationship with Colton, than I think we ever have been.
- For the first time in my life, I have an idea of my career path. I know what I want and I see my end goal.
- The friends that are in my life are here for a reason, and the ones that are not, are not in my life for a reason as well.
- I finally do not have a problem saying “no”. Well, kind of, this one is a work in progress.
- I will be marrying Colton and starting my life with him. This is definitely my most exciting and scary step! Not only are we getting married, but we are getting married in the most amazing place.
- At 23, I took a leap of faith and started this blog. Who knows what I will do at 25.
- I’m praying that I will finally start to feel like an adult. Whatever that’s supposed to feel like -lol.
- As bummed as I am about not being in my early 20’s, now that I am 25, I really hope I will start getting taken more seriously. There is nothing worse that someone in their thirties asking you your age, then looking at you like your an infant once you’ve told them.
- I have a lifetime of milestones to look forward too. That in the long scheme of life, 25 is a teeny-tiny hump that I will surpass and flourish from like I have the rest 🙂
Any who, as you guys know Colton and I are in New York to celebrate this birthday of mine! For some reason, this year, I just really wanted to get away! You know, instead of doing the normal hoopla, the only thing I really wanted to do was to take a trip with him.
Be sure to follow along on Snapchat and Insta stories! I’ll be documenting as much as my phone allows me-lol. I’m currently having the “you don’t have enough space issue”.
Check out last years birthday post: 10 Secrets About Me On My Birthday
SHOP THIS LOOK