You guys all know that I love spin classes. You’ve read both of my posts here & here. But did you know that my absolutely favorite form of cardio is running? Well it is! I love it. I love getting into my music & clearing my mind. It is indeed, what I call, me time.
If you’re reading this and are thinking I am crazy, well you’re right, I probably am. At the same time though, understand that it took me years to get to this point. I would try my hardest to run once a week in the beginning and most of the time I could barely run a mile. But the more and more I ran, the easier it got.
Throughout the years I have acquired a few tricks to get the most out of my run, because there is nothing worse than having a terrible run! The smallest things can throw off your run, but by planning ahead, you can completely avoid any sort of mishap.
- Pick a good hair tie that won’t fall every two seconds (the worst).
- Switch out your regular shoes laces for some Leazy No Tie Shoes Laces. They will make your life so much easier. I am talking about never having to tie your shoes again here! I’m absolutely obsessed with them. There is nothing worse that just starting your run and having your shoes laces come untied, but with Leazy Shoe Laces, that problem is completely gone.
- Make sure you have head phones that fit your ears. Running and constantly having your ear buds fall out will ruin your run, real fast.
- Even better, invest in Blue Tooth head phones like mine. They are the best because you do not have to worry about the cord.
- Find an awesome playlist w/ high beat music. I like to listen to the kind of music I would listen to in spin class. High energy, kind of EDM, lots of remixes. My favorite songs are ones I can sing along too and really get into
- Ignore everyone around you. Especially if you’re on a treadmill. In the past, I would almost dictate my run as to what the person next to me was doing. Lame? Yes. But I was self conscious and didn’t want to seem weak or like a slacker. Now, I could care less. It’s MY workout and I know when I am tired, when I want to slow down, when I need water and when I want to sprint.
- Run to the beat of the music. Remember what I said above? How I like to run to songs that I know and can sing along with? Well, this is where that comes into play! Base your speed off of the tempo of the music.
- Go to the ladies room before you start you run.
- New to running? Try running one song and walking the next song until you hit your goal. Or, if you are really new, try running from light pole to light pole. I did that for years!
- Wear clothing you are comfortable in. There is nothing worse than going for a run and having your shorts ride up or your shirt be to tight, hot, or hug the wrong places. I love this top Lulu Top because it is light and breezy.
- Understand that everyone has a bad running day & don’t let is discourage you. I run multiple times a week, and sometimes, my run just isn’t great. Whether I am sore from another work out or just plain tired, everything comes into play and not every run is a great one,
- Get out to run first thing in the morning. Especially if you are in the south! Do not try running at 5 p.m. in August,in Texas. You will have a heat stroke! Instead, start your run when it’s still a little cool outside. Plus, it is the best way to start your morning! You will feel so much better throughout your day knowing you got a good sweat in 🙂
Thank you Leazy for sponsoring the post. As always, all opinions are my own.