As of this week, I will officially be finishing my 36th week of BBG. 36 weeks, wow!!! I literally can’t believe I’ve stuck with it this long. As you guys know, I completed the first 12 weeks twice before starting over from the beginning and going all the way through, up until now.
BBG is designed for you to grow with, and get stronger with. If you are currently doing BBG, then you know that the workouts pretty much change every four weeks. BBG 3.0 was really hard, I am not going to lie, but I was also properly prepared for it thanks to 1.0 and 2.0. Like there is no way I could have completed it with out doing the first two!
Here’s What I’ve Taken Away From BBG 3.o
- The first thing I noticed about 3.0 is that you no longer do four, seven minute circuits. Instead, you have just have two, 14 minute circuits. This can be good and bad, depending on how you look at it. What is nice, is that you don’t have to go back and fourth from different equipment. What is not so nice, is that you have less breaks.
- Because the workouts are so much harder, I am only able to complete each round 2-3 times as compared to being able to complete them four times in each round.
- You still have three resistance training days (legs, arms, abs) & four cardio days a week.
- There are a lot more common weighted exercised, as compared to before. You’ll need less equipment. I think this is why I liked 3.0 so much! They were workouts I was used to doing.
- Even though the workouts are harder, I am less exhausted after my training. This is because I’ve properly learned how to do each move. I’ve learned how to take each workout step by step, and I’ve learned that it is more important to do each move correctly as compared to just getting it over with.
- Almost every circuit includes some sort of burpee, snap jump or tuck jump, which is probably why my core has gotten so toned.
- I’ve noticed I’ve gotten really strong. Potentially too strong? You could say that. Since completing 3.0, my legs have gotten crazy strong. I love the definition in my arms and my stomach, but I think that my legs are getting a little to stacked for my liking. So next, I am going to work on leaning out my legs by adding in more cardio and yoga.
- Box jumps have officially become my favorite move, which I never thought I would say.
- What I love the most? My core, ya’ll. I’m telling you, I have never really had a core until now and I love it. So while I am looking to lean out my legs, I am not changing a thing when it comes to my arm & ab work outs.
- If I followed her meal plan, I would be so ripped haha.
Am I going to continue to BBG 4.0?
Absolutely! But as I mentioned above, I plan on changing // adding a few things. I really miss my basic weight training, so as of now I am going to start working on continuing BBG but also incooperating my own things into it. I’ll keep you all updated in what I change // add!
Can you buy BBG 3.0 or How does is work?
BBG 3.0 is technically just weeks 25 – 36 on the app. Unlike 1.0 & 2.0, I’m not sure if you can buy the ebook.
Do I encourage you to try BBG?
Absolutely! Especially if you are someone who has no idea where to begin & needs guidance, or someone who is in a workout rut and needs a change. You can check it out, here!
Check Out My Other BBG Posts: