I have a confession I have to make. I snack all day long & I literally can’t stop. I try so hard, but I can’t stop it. So to make up for it, I try to make sure my snacks are at least healthy. They need to have a lot of nutrition, yet at the same time, fill me up and are under 200 calories.
I usually reach for them around 10:00 a.m when I am sitting at my desk and at 3:00 p.m. when I am getting antsy to leave. I’d also be lying if I said I didn’t snack a little bit when I get home around 5:30. Traffic is just so stressful – lol, so of course the first thing I do is come home and have a snack!
Every dietician has their own thoughts on snacking. Some say snacking keeps your metabolism going, others say it produces more belly fat. Either way, I’m not a dietician -lol & even though I am trying to cut back on my snacking, knowing that they are healthy snacks makes me feel better 🙂
Right now, my favorite snacks are:
- Clementines: They are easy to peel, are sweet and refreshing. I love these for my morning snack because they are high in vitamin c & at 60 calories they are the perfect snack.
- 100 Calorie Almond & Walnut Packs: This is one of my newest finds and I love them! Almonds have always been on the radar as being a healthy fat, but walnuts sometimes do not get the rave they deserve. When your body digest walnuts, it produces a chemical that helps to burn stomach fat. After finding this out, I started adding walnuts to my diet, but like almonds, if you have too many, the calories really start to add up. Which is why I love this mixed pack that has both of them.
- 1/2 Avocado or 1/4 Avocado with Toast: Probably my favorite! I love, love, love avocados & half of one for a snack is perfect! Sometimes if I had a light breakfast, I’ll do 1/4 of an avocado, mashed on toast. Avocado toast is literally my weakness right now. Avocados may be high in fat (& calories) but avocados are made up of the good kind of fat that your body needs and are loaded with fiber, potassium, & vitamins. Just make sure you eat them in moderation.
- Toast with PB2 and 1/4 sliced banana: This was my favorite snack while I was in college and still is to this day. My favorite kind of bread to toast (right now, it a;ways changes) is this bread. I will toast this bread, then spread 1 TBSP of PB2 on it and top with bananas and maybe even some cinnamon! It’s so good and to me, very comforting.
- World Peas Santa Barbara Ranch: My friend Haley introduced me to these while I was in LA and they are so good. Like so good. They are absolutely addicting and 45 peas are only 100 calories so they are the perfect pick me up!
What are you favorite snacks?