Hi there!! I hope you all have had a fantastic week!
With summertime basically being in full swing, I wanted to share with you guys the 12 items I think every girl should have for the perfect summer wardrobe. These are the pieces that you will wear over and over and over. The ones you’ll gravitate towards when you don’t know what to wear, and the ones you’ll get more use out of then you’ll know!
- Sundress: A basic white sundress is a necessity for summer. I have had this one for years now and it’s my absolute favorite. From cookouts to casual Sundays, you’ll wear it to everything. I also love this one & this one.
- Basic Tee: There is nothing I love more than a basic tee. Especially a black one. I love this one from Madwell. It’s made so nicely and is extremely comfortable. I wore mine almost the whole time I was in Miami last summer!
- Denim Shorts: I know, that you know, that denim shorts are a must in the summer time. But what I want you to do, is find the right pair for you! Find the pair of denim shorts you truly feel like a smoke show in. Stop borrowing your roommates and find your own pair. I currently love my One Teaspoons.
- Nice Sandals: I think that nice sandals are key for the summer. Not just your average joe flip flops, but nice, sandals that make you look more pulled together than you are.
- Floppy Hat: I love a good floppy hat for so many reasons. Not only does it keep the sun off my face (derrrr) but it also completely makes any outfit that you are wearing. I just bought this one a few weekends ago!
- Ray Bans: For the summer (or anytime for that matter) I think that Ray Bans are the sunnies of season. I love mine and constantly choose them over my high designer glasses daily. They give the effortlessly chic vibe that I can’t get enough of. I also have the mirrored ones and they are so fun for lake weekends!
- Cross-over bag: Every girl needs her go-to cross over bag. Concerts, shopping, vacations, parties -literally the perfect casual bag for every occasion. This is a great budget friendly option.
- Cover Up: I never really understood the craze of cover ups until last summer. Usually, I would just wear my swimsuit with my denim shorts. But last year when I got one similar to this cover up, I became obsessed. I just didn’t feel as grungy, if that makes sense? With my cover up I felt more put together and had no problem going places post swim.
- Swimsuit: But not just any swim suit, the one swim suit you feel great in. Whether it be a one piece or a little bitty bikini, one that you actually like to wear. My advice in shopping for swimsuits, is to not choose your swimsuit based on trends, but rather what is comfortable. My favorite swim is this one from Mikoh.
- Maxi Dress: A maxi dress is a summer must. Whether it be for a special occasion, vacation or a wedding, you will want a maxi dress! I’m currently loving this one and this one.
- Neutral Wedges: For some reason I only wear wedges in the summer! I love a neutral wedge because they will match literally any outfit you throw on. These were super popular last summer and I still love them this summer!
- Neutral Tote: Last year, I’m sure you guys saw me wear this tote a ridiculous amount! From the pool to every day errands, it was the one tote I used all summer! It matched every outfit and I loved not having to constantly change out purses lol. This year I have my eye on this one!