Happy Friday! What are you guys doing this weekend?? If you and your beaux are looking for date ideas, I’ve got you covered!
Well actually, Houston’s got you covered.. but I’ve gathered a full list for you guys to pick from! From exhibits with millions of lights, to ice skating, movie nights at home or getting dressed up to see a show, there is something for everyone!
So grab your loved one, grab all your girlfriends, or grab a family member! It’s time to get in the Christmas Spirit!
- Go to Zoo Lights!: With more than 2 million lights at the Houston Zoo, it is quite the show! Millions of lights plus Zoo animals?! Count me in! You can look at pricing here!
- Do a cooking class together: I recommend the classes at Sur La Table or Central Market. Bring a bottle of wine for the teacher to pop open for you and sip on your Cabernet while you learn to cook something new. Maybe you’ll learn a dish that you can bring to your families gathering!
- Cookies & a Christmas Movie: Make Christmas cookies & watch a classic holiday movie. All the Holiday movies are all over Demand, Netflix, and ABC Family. So get creative by making your cookies from scratch, and then cozy up for the movie.
- Get dressed up for the ballet: Take a night out to go to the Nutcracker at the Wortham Center. The Houston Ballet puts on a remarkable performance of the Nutcracker every year! Click here for more information. Prices start at $29.00
- Take her to the show!: If the ballet isn’t your cup of tea, then you and your loved one will be sure to love the production of the classic story A Christmas Carol – A Ghost Story of Christmas Past at the Alley Theatre. Prices start at $19. Click here for more information.
- Ice Skating at Discovery Green. Ice skating outdoors in Houston may not be as fascinating as it might be in places like NYC, but Discovery Green does a great job! If you don’t want to ice skate you should still go to Discovery Green in general this holiday season! It’s basically a Christmas Wonderland.
- Make a Gingerbread House: This is one of my favorite christmas time date nights ideas! Grab a bottle of wine, turn on the Christmas music and work together to build your house. Just don’t get too stressed out if your house doesn’t look like the example on the box…especially after a bottle of wine.
- Moody Gardens – Festival of Lights: Enjoy more than 1 million lights within 100 sound-enhanced animated light displays, nightly live entertainment, and an outdoor ice skating rink. More info here.
- Spend your day in Highland Village. Get a little shopping done, grab a glass of prosecco at the Drexel House, a cupcake at Sprinkle, and enjoy the Christmas spirit that’s in the air. Just walking around is surely to put you in a jolly mood.
- Go to a Texans or Rockets game, support our teams!
- Lights in the Heights. Spend your Saturday, 12/12/15, at Lights in the Heights. Dress in your tackiest sweater, bring a cooler filled with your favorite brew, and roam the streets enjoying the views & festivities.
- Dickens on the Strand in Galveston. Spend this weekend in Galveston by going to Dickens on the Strand! The historic Strand in Galveston is transformed for just for this event into Charles Dickens Victorian London. It’s so cool. There will be performers, six stages, carolers, shopping, decor and more Christmas fun!
- Enjoy Wine and Table Side Smore’s at 13 Celsius: Roast Smore’s with a bottle of wine with out the hassle of a bon fire at 13 Celsius Wine Bar.
- Spend a day checking out the new ROD and go to IPics! The Christmas lights spread throughout the ROD are sure to put you in the Christmas spirit and IPic’s brings a whole new meaning to dinner and a movie.
- Go and admire the Christmas lights in a near buy neighborhood. This is a tradition Colton and I started a few years ago. Get in your car, bring a blanket, stop by Starbucks for a hot chocolate and head to River Oaks or a nearby neighborhood to check out the amazing homes filled top to bottom with Christmas lights.